Negligent Truck Maintenance Accident Lawyer in Texas
Tractor-trailers, eighteen-wheelers, semi-trailers, big rigs, and other large trucks require constant maintenance and upkeep. Federal trucking regulations require freight companies to conduct regular inspections, updates, and repairs to their vehicles. Long-haul trucks take a lot of punishment, and a poorly maintained truck can lead to a serious crash in many different ways.
At the Gilbert Adams Law Offices, our truck crash lawyers help Texas injury victims and their families recover compensation for their losses from negligent truck drivers, trucking companies, and other parties responsible for their injuries and other damages. Truck accident lawsuits can be intricate and complex, requiring a seasoned legal advisor to achieve the maximum recovery for their injuries and losses. If you or someone you love was injured because of a poorly maintained commercial truck, our dedicated Texas large truck accident legal team is ready to help.
How Does Improper Maintenance Lead to a Truck Accident?
Commercial trucks are massive, complex vehicles with thousands of interconnected components. Truck drivers and freight companies know that these massive vehicles are put through constant wear and tear, and they must be maintained for safe operation. Failing to regularly inspect, repair, and maintain these trucks and tractors all but guarantees a catastrophic accident to occur.
The truck accident legal team at Gilbert Adams Law Offices has spent years helping truck accident victims identify how and why truck crashes occur in order to hold the proper parties responsible. We’ve seen catastrophic accidents caused by inadequate repair and maintenance on the part of the trucking company and their driver including:
- Properly working brakes are essential to the safe operation of these trucks and tractors. The weight of these large trucks puts a lot of pressure on the brakes, and without proper upkeep and replacements, brakes will fail to adequately perform, which contributes to the cause of the collision. Catastrophic accidents will result when brakes are not kept in good working order.
- Tractors and trucks must be equipped with adequate tires capable of withstanding heavy hauls and traversing roads despite inclement weather or adverse road conditions. Improperly inflated tires can burst, worn treads can lose traction, and faulty wheel alignment will limit driver control.
- Trailer Hitch. A faulty trailer hitch or coupler can cause the driver to lose control of the trailer causing a collision or causing the trailer to disconnect entirely from the cab.
- Lights and Reflectors. Broken bulbs, taillights, signal lights, headlights, or reflectors can impede visibility. Especially during fog, snow, or other weather conditions, if a truck driver lacks visibility or is less visible to other drivers, an accident is significantly more likely.
- Trucks must have proper suspension to maintain control, especially with heavy loads. When the suspension is inadequate, the risk of loss of control is significantly increased.
We Hold Freight Companies and Truck Drivers Responsible for Negligent Maintenance Accidents
At the Gilbert Adams Law Offices, we know how to investigate truck accidents, we know the evidence that judges and juries reasonably want, and we know how to hold the proper parties responsible. While individual truck drivers may be responsible if they own and operate their own cargo service, most long-haul truckers work for freight companies or other corporations. Those companies are responsible for ensuring that their fleets of vehicles are fit for use.
If you were hurt in an accident where poor truck maintenance was potentially a factor in causing the collision, the Gilbert Adams Law Offices is ready to help. We have years of experience taking on negligent drivers, freight companies, insurers, large corporations, truck part manufacturers, and other entities who may be liable for your accident. Talk to our truck negligence accident attorneys today to discuss your case.
Call for Help After a Negligent Truck Maintenance Truck Accident in Texas
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a large truck accident in southeast Texas or statewide, contact the thorough and compassionate truck maintenance accident attorneys at the Gilbert Adams Law Offices for a free consultation. Call 409-835-3000 or contact us online for immediate assistance.