Beaumont Concussion Attorneys
Any concussion or head injury can have serious, long-lasting effects. Even a “mild” head injury can cause a concussion, leading to headaches, memory or concentration deficits, vision issues, nausea, depression, cognitive deficits, impaired functions and other effects both short- and long-term. These symptoms can persist even with normal MRI and CT Scans and which can cause long-term or even permanent impairment. As well, without adequate treatment, traumatic brain injuries can become much more serious. If you experienced head trauma as a result of someone else’s negligence, it is important that these symptoms be documents in the medical record. Then, get help from a dedicated Texas personal injury lawyer to make sure that you are not left alone paying the bill for your medical treatment, lost wages and other losses.
The Texas personal injury lawyers at the Gilbert Adams Law Offices understand concussion and traumatic brain injuries and commit themselves to obtaining full and fair compensation for injury victims. We will investigate your claim, build your case, negotiate payments from insurers or at-fault defendants, and take your case all the way through trial when necessary to get you the recovery you deserve for the harm you have suffered as a result of someone else’s negligence.
Common causes of concussions and brain injury
A concussion is a type of traumatic brain injury that can be caused by an object asserting forces on the head and brain such as a bump, blow, or jolt to the head as well as forces delivered in a car wreck, for instance, that cause the brain to move rapidly back and forth within the skull. The sudden movement causes your brain to bounce around or twist inside your skill, causing both chemical changes as well as stretching or damaging physical cell tissue known as axonal shearing. While you may hear concussions described as a “mild” brain injury, there is nothing mild or safe about any kind of brain injury. The severity of the injury is best categorized by the damage it causes to your life.
Over 144,000 Texans suffer a traumatic brain injury each year. On average, that’s one brain injury every four minutes. More than 381,000 Texans live with impairment and disability resulting from a traumatic brain injury, and more than 5,700 Texans will become permanently disabled due to traumatic brain injuries each year. While many of the concussions Texans experience – especially to young people – happen in sports, many are caused by negligence-based accidents.
At the Gilbert Adams Law Offices, we represent clients who have suffered a traumatic brain injury as a result of a wide variety of accidents, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents. Concussions are extremely common in traffic accidents, whether they involve cars, 18-wheelers, motorcycles, trucks, pedestrians, or any other type of vehicle. Hitting an airbag at high speed may save your life, but a concussion is a common consequence.
- Slips, trips and falls and other dangerous or unsafe premises. Dangerous floors, slips, trips and falls, staircase accidents, floor collapses, and other premises liability incidents are a major cause of concussions in Texas and nationwide.
- Bicycle accidents. Even if you are wearing a helmet, being hit by a car while riding a bicycle is likely to lead to concussion, whether the injurious impact happens with the car or with the road.
- Motorcycle accidents. Head trauma is one of the leading causes of motorcycle fatalities. Even a minor motorcycle accident is likely to cause a concussion, whether or not the biker is wearing a helmet.
- Construction accidents. Construction workers face a multitude of hazards every day, including getting hit by falling, flying, rolling or swinging objects, scaffolding collapses, and dangerous machinery. Head and brain trauma is an extremely common result of accidents at worksites.
- Workplace injuries. Even outside of construction worksites, a concussion is one of the most common injuries suffered by employees at factories, office buildings, and other workplaces.
- Defective and dangerous products. When products at home or in the workplace are poorly designed or lack adequate warnings or instructions, major injuries can occur. A flying object can hit someone directly in the head or knock them off their feet to bang their head on the ground, leading to a concussion.
- Sports injuries. Professional athletes and high school students alike may suffer a concussion while playing contact sports such as football and rugby.
Zealous legal representation for your Texas concussion claim
Victims of accidents leading to concussion and brain injury need to act fast to preserve their right to seek compensation for their injury-related costs and losses. Concussions can be hard to diagnose initially because symptoms may take time to appear. Remember that it is the job of the emergency room to stabilize as opposed to providing significant treatment beyond stabilizing modalities. Often, the ER does not even perform an MRI of the brain. The longer you wait to see a doctor after a traumatic head injury, the more difficult it can be to concussion to the incident that injured you, a concept often called “legal causation.” Moreover, evidence has a way of disappearing over time; witnesses forget, camera footage is erased, documents are shredded. You do not need to battle large corporate defendants or insurers on your own. Experienced, qualified, professional Texas personal injury lawyers are here to pursue injury claims on your behalf.
At the Gilbert Adams Law Offices, our dedicated Beaumont personal injury lawyers can fight on your behalf for the compensation you deserve after a concussion or other traumatic brain injury. We will investigate and prosecute your claim for damages so that you can focus on your recovery, your family, and getting your life back on track. Wherever you are in Texas or beyond, you can contact the Gilbert Adams Law Offices today for a free consultation.
Get Help Recovering for your Concussion Injury from Talented and Effective Texas Personal Injury Attorneys
If you or someone you love has suffered a concussion or brain injury in Texas as the result of someone else’s negligence, find out about your right to compensation for those injuries by contacting the detail-oriented, experienced, and passionate Beaumont personal injury lawyers at the Gilbert Adams Law Offices for a no-cost evaluation of your case at 409-835-3000. Gilbert Adams Law Offices has been representing injured Texans and their families for over 90 years – since 1930.