Aviation Accident Lawyer in Beaumont
Statistically speaking, air travel is the safest form of transportation. However, when airplanes do crash, the results are disastrous and often lead to serious injuries or fatalities. The legal issues surrounding aviation accidents can be extremely complex, and it is important that victims secure skilled and effective legal help as soon as possible to make sure all the necessary evidence is preserved and all potential claims remain available to pursue. After a Texas plane accident, an aviation accident attorney at Gilbert Adams Law Offices can help.
Common Causes of Texas Plane Crashes
After a plane or jet crash, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) will investigate what led to the accident. The FAA and NTSB are constantly updating safety regulations to reduce pilot error and prevent passenger injury, but despite these efforts, many avoidable accidents continue to occur.
Common causes of plane crashes include:
- Pilot or crew error. A pilot or crew member may fail to perform their duty appropriately, leading to an accident.
- Design or manufacturing defect. The plane or helicopter may have been designed or manufactured with some latent defect that caused it to fail when being used.
- Negligent maintenance. The airline or other owner of an aircraft is required to regularly repair and maintain the aircraft, and the failure to inspect, repair, or otherwise maintain all of the equipment involved can lead to a catastrophic accident.
- Air traffic control error. The safety of all planes in the sky depends heavily on the vigilance of air traffic controllers keeping planes at safe distances at takeoff, during flight, and when landing.
If the owner, operator, or manufacturer of an aircraft fails to meet safety standards or otherwise negligently causes an accident, anyone injured or killed is entitled to significant financial compensation.
Local Texas, National, and International Plane and Helicopter Crashes
Aviation accidents can come in a variety of forms, each with complicated issues. The practiced personal injury attorneys at Gilbert Adams Law Offices are versed in handling the complex and differing nature of aviation accidents, including:
- Texas local or regional helicopter crashes or airline crashes, which will involve the personal injury and wrongful death laws of Texas and neighboring states.
- Domestic commercial or private plane crashes, which may lead to considering issues of federal law as well as tort laws across multiple states.
- International plane crashes, which may involve foreign companies, foreign passengers, or foreign locations and trigger the application of international law such as the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act or the Warsaw Convention.
- Airline crashes over the ocean, which may lead to the application of admiralty law, including the Death on the High Seas Act.
Seek Experienced Legal Representation
It can often be difficult to prove what exactly led to a crash, which makes it all the more important that injured parties contact an experienced aviation accident attorney as soon as possible following a crash to ensure the investigation has all the resources necessary to root out the cause of an accident and to hold the responsible parties accountable. It is important to be represented by a knowledgeable attorney who understands what evidence is necessary, what laws apply, and the proper legal channels that you must go through in order to be successful with your claim. In Beaumont and throughout Texas, contact an attorney from Gilbert Adams Law Offices for a free aviation accident consultation regarding an injury or a death resulting from a Texas plane or helicopter crash.