Texas Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Bike Accident Victims in Beaumont
Have You or Someone You Care About Been Injured in a Bicycle Accident?
Bike riding is fun, cheap, healthy, and good for the environment. Cyclists have every right to be on the road in Texas, and they have the right to expect drivers on the road to operate with the highest level of safety, security, and awareness. When negligent drivers fail to adhere to their responsibilities to drive safely, when they drive while impaired or distracted or when they engage in aggressive and risky driving maneuvers, they put cyclists and others on the road at risk. When a car collides with a bike, the bike loses.
At the Gilbert Adams Law Offices, our bicycle accident attorneys help Texas injury victims and their families recover compensation for their losses from the negligent drivers responsible for the harm they have suffered. We do not rest until the injured bike accident victim gets the settlement or jury verdict they deserve.
Common Types of Bike Accidents
Bike accidents can occur in a variety of different scenarios. Drivers may fail to yield to the biker’s right of way, drift into the bike lane or turn without looking, or they may fail to see a bike crossing the road in front of them. Whatever leads to the crash, a collision between a bike and a car is likely to leave the bicyclist seriously injured and the auto driver relatively unharmed.
According to traffic safety experts, the most common types of bike accidents include the following:
- Crossing the Path of a Vehicle. Nearly a third of all bicycle accidents with automobiles occur when a cyclist crosses the path of an oncoming vehicle. The bike may cross in front of the vehicle to change lanes or move to make a left turn. A car may simply be speeding up to pass other vehicles or get to the destination faster. If a negligent driver is not paying sufficient attention to the road, they may be unaware that there is a bike in front of them, leading to a collision and serious injuries.
- Left Cross. Around a quarter of all bike-auto car crashes involve a “left cross.” A left cross accident occurs when a vehicle turns left without properly yielding to a cyclist in the oncoming lane who has the right-of-way. The car may crash right into a bike crossing the intersection or may cut off the cyclist and cause them to crash into the side of the car. Many left-turn accidents occur at high speeds, creating a significant danger for bike riders, including serious and permanent injuries.
- Right Hook. As much as 45 percent of all bike accidents occur when a bicycle is traveling in the same direction as the vehicle with which they wind up colliding. A “right hook” accident occurs when a vehicle heading in the same direction as a bike turns right at an intersection and collides with any bikes in the bike lane, or when a car tries to pass a bike and then collides with the cyclist when merging back into the right lane. Right hook accidents are likely to send a rider flying from their bike or cause a car to drive right over the bike and their rider. In either case, cyclists are put in extreme danger of a catastrophic injury.
Common Bike Accident Injuries
A bicyclist does not have the benefit of a cab or metal shield providing the protections automobile occupants have. . If a negligent driver hits you, you are directly exposed to many dangers–impact from the car, the impact from hitting the street, road rash–and serious injury is likely to result. Our comprehensive Texas bike accident lawyers help bicycle riders recover for all manner of injuries sustained in bike accidents, including the following:
- Fractured skull
- Traumatic brain injury
- Broken nose and other facial bones
- Road rash, cuts, bruises, and lacerations
- Internal bleeding and damage to internal organs
- Broken arm, wrist, hand, knee, leg, or other bone
- Neck, back, and shoulder injury
- Muscle strains and tears
- Damage to the spinal cord
- Disc bulge and ruptured discs
- Neurological damage
- Wrongful death
The savvy bike accident lawyers at the Gilbert Adams Law Offices help clients recover for damages including lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, mental grief and suffering, disability, and other harm caused by bicycle traffic accidents. Call our dedicated bicycle accident injury legal team for help maximizing your available recovery.
Get Dedicated Help With Your Texas Bike Accident Injury Claims
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a bicycle crash in southeast Texas or statewide, contact the dedicated and effective bicycle accident attorneys at the Gilbert Adams Law Offices for a free consultation. Call 409-835-3000 or contact us online for immediate assistance.